Welcome
Garden

Bates Green was originally an 18th Century gamekeeper’s cottage that has been restored and enlarged by the family since 1922.

There is a large tranquil plantsman’s garden which has been developed with enthusiasm, since the early 1970’s. There are several different areas including an enclosed garden with colour co-ordinated mixed borders leading to a shaded and foliage garden. The whole is planned for year round interest showing a great love of plants, with usually a selection for sale.

The garden is unfortunately no longer open to the public.